Apr 14, 2010

Fat Quarter Swap!

Over at SewMamaSew.com they are having a theme month with lots of tutorials and photos of fun, modern quilts.  They were organizing a fat quarter swap so I signed up for two.  I will be trading a fat quarter of fabric with two groups of women.  (A fat quarter is a piece of fabric 18" x 22" inches.  It is a quarter yard, but is cut as half of a half-yard, instead of a long skinny 1/4 yard cut.)  My swap partners are all over the U.S. and two in the United Kingdom.  I participated in one of these a couple of years ago and it was fun to wait for the mail and see what surprises came out of the envelopes.

I went to the fabric shop today to pick out my swap fabric.  It was hard to choose.  I wanted something I would love to receive, so I picked these:





This is "mille fleur," from Alexander Henry Fabrics.  They were just putting this on the shelf when I walked in the store, so it is a brand new release.  It has an Asian flavor to it, but it is very modern and fresh.  I love it.  With all those shapes and color changes it will be fun to use.



This one is "A Breath of Avignon," designed by Sandy Klop who lives here in my hometown of Walnut Creek, California.  Sandy designs under the name of American Jane and this fabric is printed by Moda.  It has been fun watching Sandy progress from quilter, to professional long-arm quilter, to pattern designer, teacher, and now fabric designer. This design is fresh and vibrant.   All the fabrics in this collection are very pretty and it was hard to choose one.    I hope the quilters I send these fabric to will like them as much as I do. 

No comments:

Post a Comment