I have to admit that I have not used red in my quilting before. I recently saw some very fun red and white prints in my LQS and bought a few so I decided to take the leap and make my block in reds. Here is my block with Monika's starter block:
and here are the blocks that have been made for Monika so far:
I am not much of a photographer and this photo doesn't do this group justice. Each block has some unique, fun thing going on in it. A mermaid with seahorses and an octopus, two people used pretty printed selvages in their borders, some gorgeous purple batiks, and the black block features a gorgeous silver metallic floral in the center and is very sophisticated. I think Monika is going to have a beautiful quilt when we finish!