Nov 19, 2009

In Stitches
















I don't remember the last time I embroidered something but I am sure I was not old enough to drive and still wore braids. When my friends Linda and Carol invited me to join them in taking an embroidery class at the local quilt shop, I thought it sounded like fun so I tagged along. We stitched up some lovely little floral blocks. I was introduced to Lucien embroidery floss which is very nice to work with. The colors are very vibrant and it is silky so it doesn't knot up easily. We also learned to back the embroidery block with light weight flannel so we could "travel" with the thread. It saved stitching time but made setting the blocks together a little more difficult. I think the setting block in the quilt we made for the class overpowers the delicate embroidery, but it was fun to get reacquainted with this needle art that is becoming very popular again.

No comments:

Post a Comment